Notice: This Privacy Statement and its policies are intended to comply with the «General Data Protection Regulation» or «GDPR» and provide proper protection and care with respect to the treatment of your user information.
Data on customers
To support, enhance and personalize your experience on the Site and working with Swiss Center Samara, we gather your personal information.
The information we collect falls into the following categories:
Personal information («PI») about our customers and partners (name (first and last name), email address, phone number, account login and password, data relating to sales, the number of employees, area of activity, or any other person who decided to contact us directly and therefore discloses his or her PI;
Customers include natural and legal persons who receive services from Swiss Center Samara, its network partners or its points of contact based in foreign countries (a subsidiary in Samara, Russia). In the current context, services include: consulting service, event, and trade fair services, employment services.
This information is either provided to us by yourself (when you complete a registration form) or received by us from third party source upon your prior consent. We collect your PI when you are involved in any activity that is personalized (completing a registration form, creating an account, submitting a request). You can choose whether to disclose your PI or not. Please also note that you take full responsibility for lack and/or inaccuracy of your PI.
Anonymous information («AI») does not identify you; it refers to your website trends and usage data;
- Information on user activity («IUA»). This information is collected automatically when you use our website, because it is information from your browser or device. This information includes your IP address and other information about your internet connection (domain information, Internet service provider, general geographic location, browser type), the equipment you use to access the website, and usage details (date, time, duration of your visit, pages and content you looked through; navigation information: what website you came from and what website you leave for).
When you use the website, we automatically collect the same information about your device and your device location data (based on GPS or
IUA does not identify you personally. We never try to combine IUA with PI.
How we use the data we collect about you
We use the information that we collect from or about you (including PI) in the following ways:
- to operate and maintain our website;
- to meet the requirements of service agreements;
- to contact you with information, notices, special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving such emails from us by clicking the Unsubscribe link or by following the instructions from each email we send to you;
- to improve the content, functionality, and usability of our website, to better understand your needs and interests;
- to conduct market studies and marketing research;
- for security or fraud prevention purposes;
- for any other purpose identified herein or in an applicable agreement between you and us.
Your access rights
In congruence with applicable law, including but not limited to GDPR, you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and details of how we use that information. If any of the information held about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to amend or rectify it, please follow the process outlined below and we will amend our records where appropriate. You also have the right to require us to erase your personal data, stop processing your personal data, restricting the processing of your personal information, the right of portability of your personal information and/or to withdraw your consent to processing. This may not apply if there are other legal justifications to continue processing. If you think we may have incorrect personal information or would like a copy of the personal information we hold on you, or to exercise any other data protection right, please write to [email protected].
Please note, that we will need you to prove your identity before we can provide any of the mentioned services.
Protection of minors
We do not deliberately collect information from minors, as they are described by their personal law. If you do not possess the full legal capacity under your personal law or perform all the activities under the supervision of your parents or guardian, or other legal representatives according to your personal law, please do not provide any information to us.
If we become aware that a user from whom we have collected personal information is a minor, we will immediately delete such information from our database.
We ask parents and guardians to supervise the online activities of their children. We bear no responsibility for the activities of minors unless we are expressly informed about the minority and legal incapacity of this particular person.
Users from all around the world can use our website. However, please note that all information collected about entities and natural persons is stored in our database.
Please check whether the legislation of your country allows providing your personal information to foreign databases. We assume no liability to you or to any other person for your acts of noncompliance with your domestic legislation.
Storage and disclosure of the information
We inform you that we reserve the right to disclose PI to the following entities:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. We may share your information (including PI) with a third party that has a reasonable need to access your information in order to provide services or support for us. We ensure that such third parties limit their use of your information solely to providing services to us and that they duly treat your PI and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
Also, we can include your PI to directories of subscribers to electronic communication services which are widely distributed and public. You are able to determine whether their personal data are published in a directory and if so, which. Unless you inform us otherwise, we assume that all PI which you provide us can be published in such directories. Providers of public directories should inform you of the purposes of the directory and of any particular usage which may be made of electronic versions of public directories especially through search functions embedded in the software, such as reverse search functions enabling users of the directory to discover the name and address of the subscriber on the basis of a telephone number only. We do not bear any responsibility for activities of providers of public directories.
In any case, the data may not be used for other purposes than those for which they were collected.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, restructuring, reorganization or other sale or transfer of the website, whether as an acting enterprise or as part of insolvency, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which PI is transferred among other assets. Please be informed that an acquisition, merger or asset sale of the website to a third party is possible in the future;
- To law enforcement agents, if required by law or by a subpoena;
- For any other purpose for which we have your consent.
As for AI and IUA, since this information does not identify any individual, we reserve the right to disclose and share such information without restriction.
Forwarding of data to third parties
Any data relating to our customers and partners that is widely available can be forwarded to third parties. Swiss Center Samara is automatically authorized to do this when an applicant signs the application for our services and products. Any data relating to customers that is widely available shall only be forwarded where this is necessary to provide the service required. Customer data that relates to corporate objectives, market and business interests, employee roles (directors, sales managers, marketing managers), sales, etc. («sensitive data») can only ever be forwarded to third parties with your written consent.
(Ex-)customers of Swiss Center Samara and (ex-)customers may receive information from us, from our official points of contact and from the network partners of Swiss Center Samara in Switzerland and abroad on specific or general economic activities. Such persons may be contacted in writing, by telephone or by
We email various offers and information to customers, partners, and contacts periodically. This contains general market information about Russia and Switzerland, details of business opportunities, details on events and fairs, etc. People not interested in receiving the newsletter can unsubscribe at any time.
Data gathering and data exchange with a view to meet the requirements of the service agreements
Handling data entered by users
We offer a variety of online platforms, enabling the users themselves to enter details of the kinds of products, markets, and business relationships they are interested in. The «Match- Making» facility (matching up Swiss supply with foreign demand) is intended as a way of targeting interested parties as efficiently as possible with information on business opportunities, trends and export/import/ investment possibilities. There is also an opportunity for experts from various industries to register with a pool of experts so that they can offer advice and solutions to all kinds of technical questions. The databases of Swiss Center Samara can be accessed by the public. This ensures that
Handling data entered by Swiss Center Samara
As part of our role as a network coordinator, the Site has a database for entering data on companies, individuals and projects. This database is supplied with data from a wide variety of domestic and foreign sources. Employees of the Swiss Center Samara have access to the database.
The scope of data processing, data security
Swiss Center Samara relies on data exchange to meet the requirements of its service agreements. Swiss Center Samara is conscious of the problems that dealing with sensitive data presents. For this reason, data may only be used for the purpose explained at the time of its collection, for an obvious purpose that is clear from the context or for the purpose of meeting a legal requirement. Swiss Center Samara is committed to continuously checking the correctness and completeness of its data and updates it on an ongoing basis.
Data collection and processing within the territory of Switzerland complies with the requirements of the federal law on data protection (DSG; SR 235.1) and the federal law on unfair practices (UWG; SR 241).
Data collection and processing within the territory of the Russian Federation is performed in conformity with the Federal Law «On Personal Data».
Data is collected whenever this is necessary for Swiss Center Samara to perform its role. Swiss Center Samara takes appropriate precautions to guarantee the security of its data. Swiss Center Samara restricts access to confidential information to those employees who require it to help Swiss Center Samara perform its role.
If the services offered by Swiss Center Samara are abused, in particular, if there is a suspicion of criminal activity, data supplied by partners, customers and users may be evaluated to clarify the facts of the case and, on request, passed on to the competent authorities.
A «Cookie» is a small amount of data which makes it possible to store specific
Users can set their browser to disable cookies, restrict them to certain websites, or notify them as soon as a cookie is sent. Users can also delete cookies from their computer’s hard drive at any time. Please refer to your browser instruction or visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/ which will give you more information. However, rejecting session cookies may make it more difficult or impossible to use the website of Swiss Center Samara.
- Session cookies stay on a browser and retain your information until it is closed. When a new browser window is opened, the same user is treated as a new visitor and must input their login credentials;
- Persistent cookies have a designated lifespan and remain in a browser until the period elapses or the cookie is manually deleted. Websites that use persistent cookies will remember users even after they close a browser. Persistent cookies enable features such as persistent shopping carts, which retain products added to cart between sessions;
- Web analytics cookies are used by us or
third-partyproviders to analyze how the Site and our services are used, including the following types:
- This website uses the Google AdWords remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors of our site. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an enquiry. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page or a site in the Google Display Network.
- Yandex Metrica. This Website is also used Yandex Metrica, that provides depersonalized information about your site’s traffic. The available statistics include the number of users, traffic sources, and user behavior on site pages. To keep track of users, Yandex. Metrica uses anonymous browser identifiers that are stored in cookies. Cookies are set at the
top-leveldomain. If you wish to opt out, disable cookies in your browser or visit https://yandex.com/support/metrica/general/user-opt-out.html.
Use of Site
Harassment in any manner or form on the website, including via
Links to other web sites
This website contains links to other Web sites not operated by Swiss Center Samara. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any
We reserve the right to update and modify the present Policy to ensure compliance with new technology, practices, legal requirements, or for other purposes. If any material changes occur (i.e., the change affects a substantial part of the present Policy and the rights of users), we will notify you via email included in our emailing list.
For any further information you may contact us via email [email protected]